Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be taken for bulky uterus with fibroids ?

hello dctr my mother is suffering frm uterus prblm in her sonography reports the uterus is found to be bulky and an ill defined solid nodules is seen in uterus fundus likely to be fibroid so is there need to do operation? and if yess then by which method by telescopic or surgerical which one will be better according to the health plz reply meee
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  850
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello, The need for operation and the type of operation will depend upon your mothers symptoms & her general health. Ultrasound reports cannot tell us much about this. I don't know her age & her general health status but telescopic or minimally invasive procedures are generally considered to be a better option, if expertise are available. You should discuss this matter with the doctor who is currently following her case as she /he knows the most about her. May God help you.
Answered: Sat, 31 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Rajesh Patel's  Response Nagesh,
by reading I can say that yr mothr has uterine fibroids.
If problem like pain and bleeding are moderate to sever and persistent than I advice to go for surgical treatment.
for oprtating method-if uterine size with fibroid is not much bulky than vaginal or leproscopic hysterectomy is preferred otherwise abdominal hysterectomy is option, but it is advisable that decision is done by treating surgeon
Answered: Sat, 31 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor