Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be given to my sister showing signs of bipolar disorder ?

sir, my sister age 17. she studied 9th. she have some mental problem form age of child. we consult form that age. now here salem doctors they told her mental whenever not clear that. but my sister some time speak very clearly and i asked her friends name in her 8th class she told her name correctly and she singing now film song and told film story actors name films. and she tel all my relatives name all r correct sir but some time she got more angry and beat her mother and damaged things,so please help me sir,
Asked On : Mon, 30 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Remembering names, talking relevantly and doing tasks does not rule out mental disorders. There are people who earn more than a lac per month having major mental disorders. Diagnosis of mental disorders depends on history given by the close relative, patient themselves and clinical assessment by psychiatrist. Contrary to usual feeling, psychiatrists make the diagnosis after careful assessment and ruling out other problems doing blood tests and scans. only if the symptoms are present for a long duration with impairment in functioning or affects others (in your case beating mother and aggression is present in your sister)...Hence she may have psychiatric illness, if you are in doubt get a 2 nd opinion
Answered: Sun, 5 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla's  Response
Get her checked with a good specialist psychiatrist as soon as possible, not any other doctor.
Do not call her 'mental' - she will need your help.
Be brave and do the needful.
Else tell me your location and I will suggest you the govt psychiatrist or govt hospital.
Answered: Fri, 3 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor