Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be given to my brother for his behaviour ?

Hi, This problem is regarding my brother. He is 29 yrs old, single, from last 3 yrs he is a nuisance for us. He abuses us all day long, watch tv day and night, sometimes beat my mother. we dont know what to do? Everybody has tried but in vain, we talked to a doctor , he gave us some medicines and advice that we should not be harsh to him. we did but that not worked and we were not able to continue medicines as he was always around. My bro dont talk to anybody and from last 3 to 4 months he has not take a bath. we are thinking to admit him in some psychatric hospitals for proper treatment as we have not any other way and want guideance. Please help..!
Asked On : Wed, 10 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
the condition in which ur brother is right now,he needs to be put on medications at the earliest and might require hospitalization if found unmanagable at home.dosage of the medications can only be decided by a psychiatrist on seeing him personally depending upon the mental status examination done by the doctor.i being a psychiatrist cum psychotherapist would strongly suggest u to take him to a psychiatrist immediately as he might become a danger to himself as well to others if kept without treatment.counselling might help once he is heading towards recovery,but certainly not at this stage.dr sudeshna .for futher query u might go
Answered: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Padma Saikia's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
It looks more like a psychological problem.You need to take him to a good psychologist and give him counselling.This will not finish in 1 or 2 counsellings he may require more.Better consult a good psychologist and help him get a life.
Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 10 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor