Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be given to an infant to make her stand and walk ?

my daughter pari is16 months old but she doesnt walk and stand on her own .her right leg is bit slanted and have a minor start of rickets . injection to the disease is already given but there is no improvement .what shall i do.she doesnt even drink milk at all neither diluted with ne other thing? my name is shilpa jodhani my daughter name is pari she is quite weak and shorter then other children in height
Asked On : Tue, 21 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello shilpa ;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Please consult a paediatrician for your daughters problem of walking as she needs to be investigated for the reason why she has got delayed walking and standing as at her age children start to walk easily.As you said she has minor start of rickets which should not affect her so badly and there should be some other reason like weakness of muscles(muscular dystrophy) or any neurological problem.Please consult a paediatrician and discuss with him the problem and course of treatment.
Answered: Tue, 21 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor