Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be given to a typhoid H positive patient with persistent UTI ?

hi sir i am a general surgeon , treating one female patient 27 year old who is positive for typhoid H and AH titre in range of 320. she is having persistent UTI. she is being treated with IV ceftriaxone , ofloxacin and amikacin for 10 days followed by oral antibiotics but after a month also she is not improving. USG abdomen is normal and cultures are negative . how shall i proceed further
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to H.C.M.Forum. fever is a complex thing to understand. it could be clinical malaria not apparent in qbc test. typhoid is usually associated with eosinophelia that is to be treated. for U.T.I the partner also should be treated. as a pricationary measure get the HIVtest done. throat infection
Answered: Fri, 6 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
may be your patient is not suffering from u t i
she may be suffering from interstitial cystitis most commonly presents with features of u t i .the patient needs further evaluation by cystoscopy,u s g ,ur dynamic studies.
please get her checked in the line.
hope your patient is properly diagnosed and get treatment accordingly.
Answered: Fri, 6 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor