Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be given to a diabetic with heart bypass for a lump on the knee due to injury ?

my dad is 63, he knocked his knee over a week ago & it swelled up an inch bigger & now he has a golf ball size red lump on his shin as well..he is diabetic & has had a heart bypass 5 yrs ago
Asked On : Fri, 16 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM,

It seems that your father might have developed haematoma due to injury,

As he is diabetic take care that there is no infection of the part.

Go for antibiotic and anti inflammatory medicines.

Give complete rest to the part.

Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 16 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

Apply the following HERBAL oil Externally over the Knee 3 times daily.Gently massage so that it will get absorbed.

JATYADI Tail of Baidyanath/ZANDU

You can get it from Ayurvedic medical shop.

If no improvement with in 3 days,consult good doctor(Orthopedics) near by.

wishing good recovery
Answered: Fri, 16 Mar 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor