What treatment should be given to a child with fever and sore throat?

My almost 12yr old son started feeling sick on Wed with a sore throat, slight cough and stuffiness by bedtime.He woke up yesterday with a fever of 102 and a persistent cough. He Spent the morning sleeping and them laid around all day with little energy. The fever was reduced with Tylenol. He woke up again today with fever and still has the cough.I have a drs apt at 2:30p for him but not sure its necessary. Your thoughts?
Wed, 27 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Give him Paracetamol or Tylenol alternating every four hours and give guavanisine for cough every eight hours.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.