Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be given to a 55 yr old having vomiting and hypertension ?

hello I want to ask about condition of my father 55 years old he has high blood pressure for about one week with repeated vomiting we brought to hospital 3 times every time they gave him treatment and improve and discharge him later after a feew hours his condition return again and we are not near the city to bring him there what his problem in your openion he has shortmess of breth also with this condition is it GI or heart problem please help me I dont know to bring him to which specialist
Asked On : Sun, 19 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Cardiologist, Interventional 's  Response
1. he needs admission as in-patient
2. High BP with vomiting, it is important to rule out raised intra-cranial hypertension; also, hypertensive encephalopathy, gastritis, nephritis, etc
3. ECG, echo, CT brain, blood and urine tests are indicated
Answered: Tue, 21 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Reji. D's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
first up all get him admitted so that you can evaluate the problem .this resistant/accilerated hypertension may be due to many reason ie myocardial infarction,stroke, if not controlled he can go to hypertensive don't waste time consult a cardilogist
Answered: Sun, 19 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor