Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be given for a constant A-fib heart ?

My husband, age 41 appears to be in constant A-Fib. He also has shortness of breath and is always fatigued. His resting heart rate cycles rapidly from 126 to 160 bpm. He s awakened every night sweating because of his heart. He s also about 50 pounds overweight . He used to be very fit and athletic. All of these symptoms including the weight gain happened soon after taking the drug, Celexa for his depression/anxiety. This was about 2 years ago. Needless to say, he stopped taking that drug. Now he won t see anymore doctors. I m concerned because he looks pale and weak and complains of the shortness of breath every day. He also is having knife-like chest pain . I am wondering how long can my husband live with his heart beating so eratically 24-7?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  158
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, A fibrillation is most common cardiac arrythmia, in such type of cases common complication s stroke ,may be due to stroke death happened. so forced him to take medicine for controlling heart rate, controlling blood pressure, n should take anticoagulant also as per advise of your doc. try to start all medicine, it helps in improving life span n quality of life.
Dr aseem
Answered: Sun, 24 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor