Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What treatment should a person with single testis take ?

i am having single testis
Asked On : Sat, 9 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Karthic

You likely have an Undescended Testes.
During growth, testes usually descends from the abdomen to the scrotum.Some times it can get arrested in its path in groin or inside abdomen.
That must be case with you

So get an Ultrasound scan of the scrotum, groin and abdomen.

If its elsewhere, it has to be removed as the chances of cancer developing in it are 25 times more .

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran

Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor