Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

What treatment should I take to get my periods which has stopped since the time I had an abortion ?

Hello Sir, My age is 26.I had an abortion in February 2009. Later was diagnosed that the cleaning was not done properly and some of tissue was left in. After consulting othr doctor again a cleaning was done. I got pregnant in end of October 2010 however later in ultrasound report showed embryo demised. Again a cleaning was done on November 24th and doctor said I have infection in ovary .till today I did not have periods. Please advise should we wait more fpr periods or what should we do. Also is intercourse permitted in the situation.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi,thanks for query.Normally after an abortion not having periods up to 2-3 months is common and expected.You should discuss with your doctor about recurrent abortions that you had.Please go for TORCH test do detect infection which is a common culprit in most of the cases,if you do not take treatment for this you may abortion again.wishing you good health.
Answered: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor