Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What treatment should I take to control acne ?

Ive had a problem with acne and now it has gotten to my chest area i am a female and it is uneasy to keep that are hidden, what can i possibly do?
Asked On : Tue, 18 Oct 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  144
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi..user welcome to HCM ..........
as per your complaint of the lesion ,which is on chest area ..,
it could be either Acne or steroid cream........(steriod acne)..
hence U do one thing ...
1) Removal of lesions by using RF cautery ..or
2) topically use 5% Benzol peroxide (persol 5.% )
3) orally take Doxicycline 100 mg daily after lunch for 10 days...
4) Frequent washing of Triclosan zinc oxide soap o.k bye...
best of luck..
Answered: Tue, 18 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Praveen Tayal's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Acne is a common skin problem specially during teenage and is mainly due to hormonal changes in the body. There are many remedies of acne according to the type of acne. You need to consult your dermatologist for diagnosis of type- nodular, vesicular, etc and further treatment. Till then try to maintain a good hygiene and have plenty of fluids. Topical antibiotics and isotretinoin might help.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Answered: Tue, 18 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor