Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

What treatment should I take swelling in the legs when all the tests are negative ?

edema in lower legs, i am facing for one and half year iam 35 years old male in UAE. seeking for the treatment for the leg swelling and i want to know the reason for the swelling. i took the test of doppler, thyroid, urine, kidney and liver health tests every results says its normal. but i am worried about why its and it may be goes sever and and found in the serious stage. i like to know it in the minor stage. pls help me and find the reason to get treat ment. pls advise for treatment.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
If it is unilateral oedema then could be due to lymphatic obstruction from microfilarial blockege or deep vein thrombosis.
Answered: Sun, 27 Mar 2011
  User's Response
Hi dear
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
I can understand your worry about it.If you have it for one limb/two limbs , there are chances that you have lymphoedema .This can be due to infection by worm like filaria or due to the vessels itself.As you say you have undergone evaluation of the same , its likely to be caused by vessels itself.

With more details we can come to a diagnosis regarding that.

You should visit a General surgeon for re evaluation and to discuss surgery options if any.

Take care.
Answered: Sun, 27 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor