Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What treatment should I take for throat pain ?

I am 26 yrs old, Male. I have pain in my throat , right side area from the past 4 months - 1st Doctor - Streptococcie gram positive . No relief after 12 days of antibiotics 2nd (Well known hospital) - Elongated styloid process (New pain in throat below my jaw at the right side, slight swelling of the round node below throat in the right side) 3rd(Same Hospital)-NowSubmalble (SalivaryGland) infection(Lots of AntiBios, Norelief) 4th (Same hospital/ HOD) - both above were eliminated as causes (Elongated SP and Salivary gland infection) The following tests are now ordered. Doctor suspects problem in my nose and pain due to snoring while asleep. What are these tests used for: 1. CT PNS - Navidation CD 2. FLP Scopy 3. Polysomnography Are any of these tests to find cancer or tumorous growths? After 4 months I still do not know what is the problem I am facing putting aside the issues of eating heavy doses of antibiotics and money spent on these medicines, consultations and various x-rays. Please advice.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query
I think you were the same person who asked whther these investigations were for tumour.
Eagle syndrome and mandibular dislocation can cause prolonged pain. But since u have no difficulty in opening and closing of mouth it is most probably eagle syndrome. Get help from ENT.
Have a healthy living
Answered: Tue, 19 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor