Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

What treatment should I take for the red, itchy and dry skin on the tip of my penis ? Is it an std ?

the tip of my penis is red, itchy and the skin is peeling there are no puss filled bumps no open cuts and there is no bleeding or discharge of any sort. it does not hurt to urinate and the only discomfort it causes is the itching also the skin on the tip of my penis looks very dry . Can baycuten treat this? or is this an std of some sort i have only had two sexual partners in my life both of whom were tested and had negative results for std s before and after our sexual encounters
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  182
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
there is chance of
-fungal infection
-bacterial or viral infection
-lichen planus or dermatitis
u need to consult dermatologist
u can apply steroid -antibiotic combination cream twice a day
keep it dry and clean
for itching take tab cetrizine at night

Answered: Mon, 18 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor