Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

153 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What treatment should I take for skin allergy ?

Hi doctor goodafternoon i am 28 years old, height is 170 cm. weight is 68 kg and i m suffering frm skin allergy since 2 years i had took allopathic, homopathic and ayurvadic medicin but still i have nt got any relief could me advise. Thanks & Regards Anil pandey
Wed, 18 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi anil
allergy take 1 month to 20 year to get rid off
only u need to control it
cetrizine is best treatment for it
when u develop allergy ,take it,thats ok
homeo and ayurved will not help u
so dont wonder here and there.
better to consult good dermatologist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, i am getting skin allergy from 2months. it does not attack me when i take medicine but when the medicine is over the very nextday it attacks me at noon and evening. my skin starts itchig so much the skin becomes red and if i rub still bcomes more. can any one tell me whats the reason for this?

doctor1 MD

Hi I am 25 years old with. I moved to a new place two months ago. Since the first time I had a bath here, I ve noticed brown patches on my skin. After having a warm water bath, I immediately experience a tingling sensation on my hands, legs, back, stomach etc. (all over my body) after which brown discolored patches appear on my skin. Most of these patches appear brown while some a brownish white. They are more or less rounded in shape while some are asymmetrical. The patches don t itch, aren t red or scaly and don t cause any other irritation except the tingling which happens right before a patch appears. I have about 30-35 of these patches spread all over, ranging in size between radius 0.2cm to 1.5cm. They are increasing in number every time I have a bath and the old patches aren t fading away. I have no other health problems and my general health is good. I have not experienced any kind of skin allergy before. Please advise me on the following, 1. What could be causing the rashes? I suspect that these patches are caused by some microorganism present in the water. If so, Is there any disinfectant that I can put into the water to kill these microorganisms? Should I get my water tank cleaned with chlorine or any other disinfectant? 2. How do I prevent this problem from exacerbating? 3. What medication I can take for the rashes, topical or otherwise? 4. Will the brown patches remain permanently on my skin? 5. Are there any diagnostics tests to confirm what is causing the rashes? Thank you. Your help will be immensely appreciated.

doctor1 MD

Hello doctor , i am having a skin problem since last three years, always i have pimples and redish alergic skin around my nose mostly near the nassals , they irritate all the time, i went to a dermatologist and he advise me amoxcilyne, iul used that and surprisingly in one week my skin become normal, than after 15 days the same pimples and alergy apear again, than i go to the same doctor he give me the same medicen i used one week and skin became normal. But aftet 15 days again the same, now the situation is this when ever i want to get rid of that alergy i am taking amoxcilyne for one week . Tell me how can get permanent results...kashif malhotra