Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

What treatment should I take for my child having congenital retina detachment problem in one eye and low vision in the other ?

hello sir my dear child has problem in eye by birth so please help me...All the doctors are not sure about child have 1 eye have ratina detachment problem and 1 eye have very low vision only that eye follows light so please kindly help me
Asked On : Fri, 4 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
its not clear whether it is retinoblastoma or retinal detachment.If it retinal detachement surgery can be done but chances of getting vision is not guarnteed.if he having very low vision ,low vision aids canb be given for ambulatory work at good eye institute.
Answered: Sun, 28 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Has anyone else in your family had this disease. This may be a congenital or inherited disease of the eye, probably Retinoblastoma. It can be confirmed by CT scan. If it is this disease the only cure is removal of eye as the cancer can spread. Your Ophthalmologist has to confirm which disease it is first, and hen do the treatment accordingly.
Answered: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor