Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

175 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What treatment should I take for PCOD so that I can conceive ?

my age is 26 yrs and weight 63kgs.... height 5 2... i got married in 2008 and miscarriage in 2009... now i have pcod of 13 mm in my left ovary and ovaries are bulky... m keen to concieve ... suggest me what to do plz...
Tue, 24 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You should reduce the weight by doing regular physical exercise. For infertility, you should take the medicine clomiphene 25 mg for first five days of after menstrual cycle for six months.

However, for detailed analysis of the cause, we recommend to undergo some more investigations. Please do a Thyroid Profile test, Fasting blood sugar, post prandial blood sugar, ultrasound of abdomen. Let us know the reports after these investigations.

I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
Hi Swathi Goel

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Pregnancy in PCOD is quite a long process but it is definitely possible.PCOD is to be managed by maintaining hormonal balance by taking oral contraceptive pills , taking metformin to maintain glucose metabolism.Once the hormonal disturbance is treated , ovarian stimulation can help increase egg release chances and so pregnancy. The problem with treatment is , it takes a long time.So i suggest you to be patient and stick to medication religiously and undergo regular tests.
Please follow calender method to detect your fertile period and have intercourse accordingly increasing pregnancy chances.
Dont be anxious about it and follow the treatment regularly.
If you need any more clarifications or information , post a comment here or feel free to mail me.

Take care and Good luck.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....