Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

What treatment should I give to my son who was scratched twice by different dogs one of which was vaccinated and the other not ?

hi!my son scratch by a dog 2 times same day,he is 6 yrs old.the first scratch,on his head & the second one on his leg.different dogs,the ist dog had a vaccine & the 2nd one not yet.before that when he was 1 yr old he bite by a dog on his stomach,but he had a vaccine no me what to do??thank u
Asked On : Thu, 30 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  150
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hi welcome,
any way you no need to try for luck .if scratch is there and the dog is not protected one approach a doctor and go for booster dose or vaccine again
thanking you
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
Pediatrician Dr. Partho Sarathi Roy's  Response
hi welcome to health care magic,

From the second exposure with dog your son should take 2 dose of vaccine (zero and seven)every time not ONE nor THREE or FIVE dose.

Answered: Sun, 3 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor