Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

What treatment other than surgery can one take for kidney stones ?

good evening sir/madam, my mother got a problem of kidney stone on both sides and of big size.. doctor is saying to operate but we are too much afraid of that.and my mother aged 57 years..can u plz suggest to any other treatment .
Asked On : Sat, 3 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

Kidney stones are treated differetly based on their size. Small stones less than 6mm are usually treated by medical therapy but larger size requires surgical removal otherwise it will not come out. There are different ways of performing the surgery. Some Urologists use thin tubes or endoscopes passed into urethra and can remove stones, which is relatively safe and a very quick and painless procedure. Nothing to worry. Please discuss about he benefits and risks with the Doctor and get best treatment for her.
Answered: Sat, 3 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor