Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What treatment other than cic can one take to improve his hearing as he is suffering mixed hearing loss due to otosclerosis ?

i m physician by profession i have to use stethoscope every minute.i m suffering from mixed hearing loss due to otosclerosis i can improve my hearing wih cic but i cant use stethoscope over it.please suggest some alternative i m physician by profession i have to use stethscope very frequently.i m suffering mixed hearing loss due to otosclerosis.cic can improve my hearing but i cant use stehoscope over it as it produses echos.please suggest some alternatives.i m 58 yrs old male.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  102
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
1. A Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA), preferably the new BP-100 model from Cochlear / Ponto Pro from Oticon or a Vibrant Soundbridge from Med-El are new options, depending upon your exact audiometric findings.
2. You can take a trial of both these technologies.
3. You will require an electronic stethoscope which is coupled with the above devices via a telecoil or a FM transmitter.
Answered: Mon, 4 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor