Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What treatment or medicine should one take for migraine ?

Sir, My father is suffering from severe headache since 1 month now. He usually has migraine for 3-4 days but this time its really bad. What should we do? Thanks pls help. his age is 60 yrs and weight is 85 kgs Regards, Amar.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jul 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
It would be best of he takes his anti-migraine medication as advised by his Doctor. He should avoid bright light, loud noise, chocolate, cheese, alcohol, coffee. If he doesn't have the medicines he can take a pain killer over food and water and be taken to the Neurologist for proper evaluation and management with drugs to prevent further migraine attacks.
Answered: Tue, 19 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thanks for your reply. But he has already taken all his medicines, met his physician also but no help. Thats why we are worried. We plan to meet a neurologis this week but what can be the reason as there is no change in his lifestyle or eating habits. Pls advise.
Answered: Tue, 19 Jul 2011
  User's Response
One more thing he is also reporting pain in eyes with increase in headache and his eyes and around area turn black with pain. In morning he is fine but as day progresses his pain increases.
Answered: Tue, 19 Jul 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor