Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

What treatment is there to stop snoring ?

Hi Doctor , my age is 27, i am a software engineer. i am 5.6 inches height and 95 kg of weight. for the past 6 years i am snoring a lot. everyday i am snoring a one can bear my snoring friends , parents and no one can tolerate my snoring sound..i am feeling so shy. i am getting sick of life... now my i am getting marriage proposals. i don t know how to get married keeping this kind of snoring disease. please tel me what i have to do.. is there any surgery that can undergo with. please tel me as this very imp for me. i am from Chennai . please tell me is there any special doctor for this and name of the hospital. kindly tel me is there any surgery for this. does surgery help to stop snoring. please suggest me with name of the doctor , hospital name in chennai. thank you doctor..
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  408
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
     consult some good ENT surgeon in Chennai as snoring is due to partial blockage or spasm upper respiratory tract.Start doing regular deep breathing exercise it amy also help.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and speedy recovery”

Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good day
Firstly you will need to reduce your weight, your BMI i 33.7. Normal is between 18.5 to 24.9. You are Obese according to the calculation. Start by adding well washed fresh fruits and vegetables into your diet Avoid eating any junk food, fried food, colas, burgers, french fries, sweets of any kind, ice creams. Eat cereals, pulses, oats. Drink plenty pf water. Exercise everyday by moderate exercise like brisk walking for atleast 40 minutes. You may join a Gym. Obesity is associated with heavy snoring. You may try a Nasal Anti-snoring strip available at Pharmacies. Consult an ENT Doctor if it doesn't work, there is a Surgery called Uvuloplasty which will help.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor