Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

What treatment is there for irregular periods ?

irregular periodsMy age is 31 my periods are irregular Dec 23 rd got periods then next periods 1st march 2011 I still have bleeding My prolactin is high 690mIU My age is 31. I m married women. I ve know polycystic overies past 6years. I ve been married for 2yrs 10months. I ve been sexual contact with my husband for a year. After marraige periods were regular but last october onwards i couldn t get regular periods. When ever i missed the periods i checked pregn ancy test. It was negative. 23rd dec 2010 i got period, then march 1st and still going on but bleeding isn t very much. propabaly 5days bleeding is ok. today is 25th day of my periods. During 15th day of periods I went and saw the doctor . He said ur prolactin test level is higher and repeat the test . Before I ve done ovulation test(i.e normal), Pelvis scan(i.e poly cystic overies). I m really trying to get pregnant . Could u help me
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  112
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
When you have polycystic ovaries then higher prolactin levels and irregular periods after long intervals is expected.To get yourself pregnant you need to have regular treatment for polycystic ovaries, regularize your periods and then start with ovulation inducers.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Fri, 25 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor