Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

What treatment is recommended for a woman having low WBC, hemoglobin and platelet counts ?

wbc 3.8 haemoglobin 11.5 and platelet 238. what do i do?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  146
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The report you have posted shows
- Haemoglobin of 11.5 which is low as the normal is 13-15 for females and 14-16 for males.
-wbc is 3800 which is near normal but the exact normal is between 4000-11000
-Platelets if they are 238000 then they are normal
So to increase your haemoglobin you need to take iron tablets for 2 months and the haemoglobin will improve wbc can be low in case of fevers like typhoid also.
Now this is the analysis of your report but the most important thing is whether you are a male or female sick or healthy; till you write in detail there is only this much that we can help.For more detailed answer write in detail what exactly are your symptoms and what you want to know.
Answered: Wed, 29 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor