Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What treatment i should take for chest pain and hard to breath ?

tonight i had chest pains in my upper left chest, my chest felt heavy and it was hard to breathe. I have bad allergies and used to have asthma as a baby. I am 18 years old, 125 lbs, and used to be very active but not so much anymore. My question is, what is it? and are there any stretches/ things to do or eat to help this.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  177
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.
There could be many causes for this. It could be a sequel of your child hood asthma. The childhood asthma may not be asthma but bronchitis or other lung infection.
You need a detailed examination by a chest physician, as well as chest x-ray, blood tests etc. to find out the cause of this problem. You may even need an ECG to exclude cardiac problems.
You should not ignore these symptoms and must consult a good chest physician immediately.
Wish you speedy recovery.
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Breathing difficulties always need to be examined and investigated properly for all lung or cardiac causes before suggesting any treatment. It can be allergic or some new pathology.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor