Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

What treatment i should take for back pain disk buldge ?

hi sir last one year i got back pain sir then i going to doctor . mri scan allso take the doctor said my l4 l5 disc bulge u me want to sargery .he said 95% is susses after surgery sir i ask you what i want to do the best treatment pls anser me sir
Asked On : Wed, 25 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
The spinal discs are soft cushions that rest between the bones of the spine, the vertebrae. When a disc is damaged, it may herniate against the spinal cord and spinal nerves causing Pressure symptoms like Pain, Numbness and Tingling sensation. The Treatment Options include, Oral medications, that is Analgesics, Narcotic pain relievers, Muscle relaxants or steroid Injections and Physiotherapy. In severe cases, where the conservative treatment fails, surgery will be considered like Discectomy, where the surgeon will remove just the protruding portion of the disk or the complete Disc Or your surgeon may suggest the implantation of an artificial disk.
Kindly do not worry, as they are safe and the success rated are higher. Kindly consult your Orthopedist. Apply heat pads where you get more pain and avoid taking rest for more than 30 minutes in a position in which you are more comfortable and then go for a short walk or do some work. Try to avoid activities that worsen your pain.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
Answered: Wed, 25 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor