Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

What treatment do you suggest for hair loss since 20 years as many options were futile ?

female -55 years old complain from losing hair along 20 years ago...and i took alot of medications but all are if there is any way to stop it ,i ll be grateful........
Asked On : Mon, 14 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
firstly u must go for chk up so u can knw why u r having this prb.otherwise u can use mintop forte 5% solution along with finesteride tablets but consult your doctor before taking medication.i think u can get some better results
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,
As you are 55 yr of age loss can be because of low estrogen level in the body(usually seen after menopause)....But here hormone replacement therapy are not regarded very safe for a benign you can apply minoxidil sol 5% topically twice daily..along with Tab Biotin (5 mg ) daily for 3 months...the treatment is always long term,may be for 6-8 months ..and the result would be have patience...
take care,
Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello..‘Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum’.
the cause of the hair loss is due to a weak hair follicle who is unable to strengthen the hair and grow new hair..
internal homeoapthic medicnes will be helpful in making the hair follicle healthy resulting in reduction in the hair loss and regrowth of new hair can also take place..
along with it a healthy diet n reduciton in stress will also help..
incorparate seasonal fruits daily,coconut water, raisin, almonds , and flax seeds,
amla ..
get an hair follicle test analysis it gives a detail report of the the condition of the hair and the recovery chances ..
also do a s.feritin leven test..
wishing you good health..
Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor