Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What treatment can be taken for swelled and painful ankles ?

Injured my ankles in a fall and then got on a plane. I walked onto the plane, but couldn t walk off, because my ankles and feet swelled up very painfully. Nothing is broken, but the swelling is slow to go down. I am icing and elevating and wearing support . Any suggestions of what else I could be doing?.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  100
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
u r lucky nothing is broken but may be there is some ligament injury... which need to be cared go to consult a orthopedic surgeon and get MRI done if surgeon feel so after examining ur ankle..and follow as he advice..
Answered: Thu, 24 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor