Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What treatment can be taken for hyperpigmentation ?

Hi, i am 27 years old .i have hyperpigmentation on sides of neck in armpits,inner thighs and also spreading on my arms From skin biopsy LPP is fasting blood sugar level is is 112.Due to high blood sugar level it seems to me Acanthosis nigricans is it possible?
Asked On : Tue, 28 Feb 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  286
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi there,

You have LPP(Lichen Planus Pigmentosus) as diagnosed from skin biopsy. Your blood sugar levels are normal. It is quite unlikely that you have acanthosis nigricans. However , if you are overweight , try reducing it. Please continue your treatment as per dermatologist's advice. Even after treatment , the pigmentation takes a long time to fade away.

Have a nice day
Answered: Tue, 28 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Pradeep kumari's  Response
Just a single fasting blood sugar level will be insufficient.

yes pseudo/acanthosis nigricans can be a possibility if it's restricted to u/a, and other folds. Follow your treatment under the guidance of a good dermatologist in your city and you should be able to get good improvement.

If you want you can send photographs of the arm and U/A and your biopsy report it to us for further opinion.
Answered: Tue, 28 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor