Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

What treatment can be taken for chronic sinusitis in 8 year old who is asthmatic ?

My 8 yr old son has had chronic sinusitis for the last 3 years. 1st year he had sinus cultures came out as mrsa . 2nd year the sinus culture revealed mold . He just had another ctscan done showes near-complete opacification of the maxillary sinus . Thickening within the ethmoid sinus, Coronal images show ostiomeatal complex are occluded bilaterally. Haller cells present bilaterally/ There ios a patially imaged opacification of the rt mastoid and middle ear cavity. What does this all excatly mean? I know he will have to have petubes again. By the way he is asthmatic.
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  128
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum

The CT scans are suggestive of chronic inflammation affection the sinuses and middle ear cavity. The scan findings need to be correlated with his clinical features to establish a clear diagnosis of your son's condition.

It is likely that you son has chronic sinusititis with mastoiditis and otitis media. The treatment usually would be microscopic surgery performed by an experienced ENT surgeon.

Discuss with your ENT specialist and plan for the treatment at the earliest.

Hope this answers your query.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

Answered: Wed, 4 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor