Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

What treatment can be taken for blood coagolated in the forehead and epilepsy after this ?

age-42 gender-male Some amount of blood coagolated in the forehead. Epilepsy occured 6-8 times after the accident. pls tell what i do. pls email me to and
Fri, 20 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Surendra,
Thanks for choosing Health Care Magic. I suggest you get a detailed evaluation including an EEG and MRI and consult a neurologist asap to know your treatment plan. Immediate onset seizures, those that occur immediately or in the first few hours after a brain injury, do not suggest a chronic seizure disorder. Early onset seizures and those which develop within the first 7-8 days after trauma require prophylaxis for up to one year.
Please get a detailed evaluation. Though Post traumatic seizures are thought to resolve on their own we should defenitely be looking at a detailed work up and evalution to manage the situation at hand.
Do let us know the results.
All the best
Smriti Sawhney
Clinical Psychologist
RCI Reg no A-12344
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor