Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What treatment can be taken for an upset bowel since last 10 years ?

my bowel is always up set for lat 10 year i have to go at least 4 time to pass stool but never got satisfaction and each time it took from me at least 35 minute to pass stool. there much swelling in my intestine.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
welcome to health care magic
i think you are having IBS ..i think u should contact gastroenterlogist ..ur diet should be improved and should have fibre in it
u should also have stool test done
and also barium enema
in the mean time u can take metronidazole 400 mg
nconsult some specialist will further help you
Answered: Thu, 21 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
You seem to be having Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). You should get yourself examined by a Gastroenterologist to rule out the exact cause. Know more about this condition, this will help you understand your Condition and will help you stick to your treatment plan. Experiment with Fiber foods, Although it helps reduce constipation, it can also make flatulence worse. Avoid alcohol and caffeinated products. Eat and sleep on time and avoid stress. Drink Plenty of fluids and exercise regularly.

Wish you Good Health.
Answered: Thu, 21 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor