Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What treatment can be given to a 7 yr old suffering from adeniod other than surgery ?

My son is 7 years old. He has been suffering from hearing problem (adeniod) for last three months. One of the ENT doctor suggest us to put drop (injection type) in his ear daily three times. If it is not work, Doctor advise me for surgary. My question is, how can we aviod surgary. Is there any treatment only medecine ? SUBRATA
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response

If your son is suffering from adenoids which is causing repeated ear infections, nose block and breathing problem, requires antibiotics regularly then it is advisable to undergo surgery. If the frequency of the problem is getting worst and if its affecting his growth and hearing then surgery is the best option.
I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. I you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.
Answered: Wed, 6 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. Anurekha's  Response
hi,,sorry.there is no complete cure with medicines alone.better he can go for surgery.
Answered: Thu, 7 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor