Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

What treatment can be given for my 4 year old son for constipation ?

My son is 4 years old and has been constipated for 6 days now. WE tried EVERYTHING from oral laxiatives to enemas and nothing seems to be working. WE went to the doctors and they took an xray of his stomach and noticed a build up and didnt seem soncerned. HE has no desire to eat. HE will occasionally come to me holding his stomash. WHen i try to put him on the toliet he say it hurts too much to poop. Can you please help me??
Asked On : Fri, 18 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  187
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hi Dear

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Most common type of constipation in kids is Functional Constipation , which can be treated by alteration in food. Try to give him plenty of water and i suggest you to consider taking him for evaluation again to rule out any bowel disability .

It is important to evaluate it carefully.Keep continuing home remedies you are following.

Take care.
Answered: Fri, 18 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor