Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

What treatment can a man take to get rid of his girly voice ?

i am 28 yrs old boy suffering with a voice disorder , when i record my voice i found myself sounding like female voice inspite of that, i am working in a top levels manager in that organisation. with my girly voice i think i will not like to lead them from front. what to do? please reply me at earliest.
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  512
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
you can try speech therapy initially and if that doesnt work, a surgical procedure called thyroplasty will help you

Answered: Wed, 14 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Jyothi Kumari's  Response
You have Puberphonia,ie.,a persistence of childish voice into puberty and sometimes beyond,if not attended to earlier.You need counselling and speech therapy.You can chek improvement in voice by doing Gutzmann's test..stand in front of a mirror and holding your Adam's apple,press it backwards,bending neck a little and say your name..see how the voice becomes masculine.keep doing this daily for half hour and you will start talking llike this itself.If notbetter get the help of a speech therapist.
Answered: Wed, 14 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor