Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

What treatment can I take for the block in my left ureter recurring 4 years after JJ stenting ?

I have remove stone from my left ureter . after that I have done JJ stanting in the same side 4 yrs befor. now I have a block in the same side again .please sugest the best. I am 41 yrs. old man
Asked On : Sun, 13 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic,

i need to know what problem your father had and how was the block diagnosed? Get back to me with these queries
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Hi balban!
welcome to stents/double j stents are thin tubes inserted into the ureter to treat obstructio of urine flow from the kidney and aslo ensure patency of ureters which may be compromised by a stone .Since you have a block again it is necessary to remove the block again.
to tackle repeated renal caluli attacks -Many kidney stones have an underlying metabolic cause, and strategies for a reduction in stone risk are well established.
tests to check serum calcium levels,parathormone levels are also indicated.Please follow it up.
Answered: Sun, 13 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor