Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

What treatment can I take for Mumps since 3 days ?

hi i am 24 yrs old male and i am experiencing low grade fever and swelling in the right side of my cheeks pain in the back of my ear and under the jaw for about 3 days now adult mumps i think and now my left cheeks is being affected too what should i do? i am afraid of serious infection.
Asked On : Sat, 18 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  109
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
don't worry!take rest ,drink lot of fluids,mumps is self limiting .since it has some complications like orchitis it is better to consult a physcian
Answered: Sun, 19 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
get a check up .consult physician/surgeon
mumps is self limiting
take care of oral cavity
rinse your mouth after every feed and do warm saline /antiseptic gargles
antibiotics and other treatments required if secondery infection suspected
Answered: Sat, 18 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor