Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

190 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What treatment apart form circumcision and surgery can I take for phimosis ?

sir i am 22 yrs old man working....i have been posted in a remote village in orrissa ,i think i have phimosis as i cant retract my foreskin ......i just wanted to ask you if there is any cure other than surgery and circumcision ...and how much delay can i bear in it as i am in remote place so no doctors here sir i am 22 yrs old man working....i have been posted in a remote village in orrissa ,i think i have phimosis as i cant retract my foreskin......i just wanted to ask you if there is any cure other than surgery and circumcision...and how much delay can i bear in it as i am in remote place so no doctors here
Mon, 23 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Phimosis requires surgery max amount of the time.If you cannot retract at all,or are in a lot of pain,the surgery is best options.It is not an emergency but you should get it done to avoid infection/pain.Its a day procedure and will take a short time.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
saurya's  Response
i have no pain but only not able to retract.....earlier i dint have this problem but a year back i had it...and a white scar has developed at one side of the tip ring......and also i will be thank full if u suggest me a good docter for this in ranchi as ranchi is my home town
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
If there is formation of scar tissue then im afraid that surgery is your best option.
Im not familiar with doctors in Ranchi so wont be able to help you much there.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello, I am and 85 year old male with what I have self diagnosed via Web MD as Phimosis.. Closure is still taking place and I probably need to have help with this concern. I reside in the city of Sterling Heights and most Doctors listed are Pediatrician;s. I feel that I am beyond that stage.

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, i am 24 years old male. I developed phimosis 4-5 months back and visited a doctor for the treatment. He gave me a cream named clomatrizole(i am sorry the name was something like that) which actually healed me. After that i didn t visit him though he asked me to. I thought i was healed. There was a white ring formed which disappeared lately as i practiced daily stretching but still i can t retract my foreskin back while my penis is erect. Though i can retract the foreskin fully when i am not erect. 2 days back i had sex with my gf for the first time and i developed many scars on my foreskin. It got torn. Cuts are all over it. It is extremely painful when i pee or touch my foreskin. What to do. I dont want to get circumcised. I want to have pleasurable sex life. THanks in advance. Please help me.Sorry for my bad english though.

doctor1 MD

Hi sir i am 24 age my fore skin on my penis is not going back and when its not erected it is going by pulling it a little pain is coming but not too much pain but when it is errected the fore skin not going down what is my condition i certain need to have surgery to slove this i am fear of surgery if i have surgery hoe many days i have to take rest i forgot mention when i pulled my for skin down when it is unerrected i found a white colour substance

Recent questions on  Phimosis

doctor1 MD

My husband had a circumcision (he's 42) after phimosis all his life. It's been 8 months, and his glans are still too painful and sensitive to touch. He's says it feels like a toothache. I wonder if perhaps he had a low grade yeast infection under the foreskin for years going unnoticed. I read untreated yeast can grow rhizomes, and become more in the mold category, going under the top layer of skin in a woman's vagina, and having nearly no symptoms, other than vulva pain similar to what my husband is now describing. He has tried all pain meds for it, including ones for nerve pain. Suggestions on what this might be, other possibilities.... would be great.

doctor1 MD

Hello Sir ,

My Age is 27 years and I am doing the Masturbation since the age of 14. Now i have realized that the my penis foreskin is increased and it covered the penis cap also when it is normal condition. Is that because of masturbation and since last 4 years I have done intercourse with too many girls in africa and in India also . Is that increased foreskin will give me any problem in future when i will get married or is that normal while looking my age .

doctor1 MD

Frenulum Breve and treatment
I'm fifteen and my frenulum/ banjp string is short, I remember tearing it awhile back
. I could not forget that much pain. I went to my doctor after it naturally healed and now as I get a erection it hurts and is causing discomfort. especially if i trrty to pull the foreskin back also if I try and lay it out flat when flaccid it bends and this ia concerning me greatly, my doctor said to wait till I was sixteen and that's in less then half a year. I have been researching some treatments like frenulumplasty and stretching and circumcision, I am wanting a referral to a urologist/specialist to see their opinion but I don't know if shell give me it, so will I have to wait a few more months or can I get it now since I've been waiting for over a year! and what treatments are available. can I chose a procedure such as frenulumplasty or circumcision first? or will I have to do stretching exercises? I highly doubt the exercises will work considering it broke before and I had to let it naturally health since I was to embarrassed to tell anyone... I need answers...

how long must I wait for a referral?
how do I ask for one?
and what will the specialist likely do first? exercises then surgury or can I chose surgury straight of the bat and pick which one I want and need??

I'm around 90 I sh lb's
Im on anti psychotic and anti depressants minor head injury in a past event and have attempted suicide and self injured. Doc I ain't so much concerned for my mental health right now. I'm more concerned about my manhood...

doctor1 MD

Is their a true answer as in to enlarge the size of the penis? the head of the penis has been pink since my childhood is this any kindof Phimosis or not?Is getting a circumsition good or letting it just be with the foreskin good?

Age 30 - Height - 5.9 -

and when u say medical history what exactly ur lookin for

doctor1 MD

I'm 25 and have never retracted foreskin from penis gland( mild phimosis ). When I do touch it it hurts( probably cuz I've never exposed my head in 25 years) 2 questions 1. Is preputioplasty good way to fix my problem ( since my penis head is...

doctor1 MD

Height- 5'10 Weight- 67KG Penile Measurement - Length: 5.9 - 6.0 inches Girth: 4.9 in the base, 4.5 just below the glans Dear Doctor, I am suffering from the below symptoms since June/2014. I am having penile pain and bend during erection in the...

doctor1 MD

My foreskin of penis covers all mt penis...I tried to pull it back at its head and kept it there for 1 day....but now it's hurting