Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

What treatment and medicines should be taken for an 83 year old suffering from alzheimer's ?

My father aged 83 is suffering from Al Zhiemer since last 6 months. Where can I admit him to stay there with an attendant. He is a CGHS beneficiary where we can look for support also from DG of Health & Family Welfare, Govt of India, New Delhi. He is a confirmed Alzheimer, and taking medicine Ideox 45 mg + Methycobal + neurotone forge and Aten 50 + Ecospin 75 for blood presssure on daily basis. Suggest change of medicine if necessary.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
see if u have got a confirmed diagnosis ...then i would suggest that place for them is care at home the patient has decreased brain cortical functions .....and he can be best helped by family membrs
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor