Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

190 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What to do when someone has an heart attack?

my dad has this heart condition and i was just wondering if he suddenly has an attack, what shall i do to help???????? Lately he has been under alot of pressure and has these sudden chest aches and am scared......
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
1st of all. It's rare that someone "suddenly has an attack". What you are talking about is SDS, Sudden Death Syndrome. 2nd of all, before a heart attack you get signs. Your dad should get sweaty. . . complain about chest pain. . . his left arm or shoulder should get numb and most importantly he will get stubborn! Don't take no for an answer if you see these symptoms call 911. You can save his life before he gets it.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....