Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

What to do in case of anxiety ?

I have a slight squeezing sensation in the heart area. It starts after being up for a few hours and continues through out the day. It is starting ealier and lasting longer everyday. I have been diagnosed with anxiety . What should I do?
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi there.

Do you feel heart racing or palpitations ?

Any shortness of breath, chest pain radiating to left hand and little finger ?

Any burning sensation in chest which is related to eating food ?

There are many causes for this problem. If it is due to anxiety, there could be associated symptoms like hand tremors, decreased sleep, increased fear etc. You will need anti-anxiety treatment, do Yoga for stress relief.

If caused by gastritis it is called heartburn. You can get an endoscopy to look for esophago-gastritis in this regard.

Chest pain due to heart problems can also cause the same. In such situations the chest pain is squeezing or crushing in nature and can radiate to left hand and little finger associated with shortness of breath and dizziness. You will need to get an EKG to support.

Do discuss with your Doctor and get anti-anxiety medication, counselling and Behavior therapy for best benefit.


Answered: Mon, 19 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor