What to do if 87 tr old broke her pelvis after falling on tailbone and is in unbearable pain?

my 87 year old mother broke her pelvis. while in convalescence at home with my wife and me she then had a subsequent fall landing square upon her tailbone. i have no car at this moment, my wife is away and am located in a very rural area. she is now suffering SEVERE..UNBEARABLE pain. from all research i have conducted her symptoms indicate her pain is due to some sort of trauma to her sciatic nerve. i am a retired psychologist and have more than just nominal medical knowledge. i am quite certain that some sort of surgery will be needed to correct this. but.. my question is: what can i do NOW..i mean right NOW, as she is in dire pain to give her SOME degree of relief. Would an injection of novocaine to the area offer her temporary relief? if so, would it be available should i call 911 and have her taken to a trauma center.[i really don t even know of one nearby] she is VERY stubborn and would refuse any prolonged stay. considering the information provided, and the circumstances what would you recommend i do? she does have strong narcotic pain medications [oxycontin] but oral administration of them proves futile at any dosage. again let me reiterate: i am very sure her pain arises from some sort of pinching or damage to her sciatic nerve. please advise. thank you, alex smith
Tue, 29 Jan 2019