• question-icon

What to do for malnutrition in child?

my grndson is g6pd. when he was born, the dr found out that he has an infection that cause him a fever. His temperature reach 39.5 is the highest. He was healed. After 2 months he always vomit and have a fever again, he was confined 2 weeks, i suggested to the dr that we have to go home because there is no improvement. (always injecting him antibiotics without any improvements.) Now he is 1 yr old and malnourished because he he drinks only 4 oz of his milk. he dont want any taste of food. what shall we do. for i can see him, he is late development what shall i do.
Fri, 18 Jul 2014
I can understand your concern.
For malnutrition you have to give your child home made foods such as upma, soji, khichdi with butter.
Avoid excessive milk or bread, biscuits which may not keep any room for home made foods.
You can try some apettite stimulent for example cyproheptidine and iron tonic after consulting with your doctor.
I assure you he will eat once you stop the milk.
Hope i helped you.