• question-icon

What to do for feeling like gel like layer on eye after blepharoplasty?

hi
I'm 11 days post op after lower blepharoplasty . I woke up this morning with my right eye looking like it has a think layer of transparent gel covering it . when I move my head and look inwards towards my nose, I can see what looks like a fold of that gel at the end of my eye . my vision doesn't seem to be affected . any help/ advise would be much appreciated .
thanks
Fri, 11 Apr 2014
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hello
It seems from the history that you are having gel like secretions following blepharoplasty which was done 11 days back.
This indicates mucous secretions because of inflamed conjunctiva following surgery.
The treatment is by use of antibiotic eye drops.
As the surgical wound heals this will decrease and resolve.

Thank you
Ophthalmologist Dr. Dadapeer K's  Response
Hello

Thank you
Hello

Thank you