What things can raise blood pressure?

What things can raise blood pressure?...Like raise it A LOT!?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
I heard black licorice...certain brands with certain ingredients

Is there any thing you can do to raise low blood pressure? I know someone who looked as if they were having a seizure but turned out to be the body s response to low blood pressure and the fact she needed to lie down. She passed out and eventually came to.

I went for an unpleasant smear test last week and after it my blood pressure reading was 140/90. I was asked to return this week for another blood pressure and this week it was 164/82. The nurse said if the one next week is raised I will have to have further tests. Why would my blood pressure be raised it has always been ok before. Last reading march this year. I am 47 years old, non smoker, 10st in weight, 5 foot 6 height

Hi..what is the normal blood pressure for a 62yr old man please.. My blood pressure is all ways normal but I have had a yearly check up at doctors and it was 156/82..I have just took it with an home machine that I was told to monitor with, and second read, first thing in morn was 145/69. Thank you very much..

Recent questions on Hypertension

Dr. Oz, I know you're show is geared mostly towards women but I really am in dyer need of help. I'm a 22 year old male and I'm currently taking two 20mg instant release Adderalls a day. My blood pressure is normal on a daily basis, but high blood pressure and heart disease does run in my family. My concern is in regards to Erectile Disfunction. It is a real self confidence killer! My penis doesn't get fully erect when I'm about to have sex, its hard but not where it can stay up the air hard..excuse the reference. Also some other times it will get hard, but it will not stay that way for long amounts of time. Does anyone know why this could be? I also have trouble staying hard. For example if it slips out, there is a switch of positions,or the slightest distraction, it wont remain hard. I take adderall but don't notice a difference in this when I take it and when I don't. I exercise regularly (4-5x a week) and eat relatively healthy(for a college student). I am stressed a lot and i know that could be a cause of my problems. but does anyone have any ideas? Also is it to early for someone my age (22) to take pills such as viagra or cialis? What are the long term side effects?

56 female, history of CHF, history of difference in BP standing and sitting, near end of level 3 KCD, take diuretic. high BP, controlled with meds and diet (no salt)

Gained 5 pfd in two day, trouble breathing, fluid around abdomen. Per past doc instruction, took extra dirutic fri and lost 3 pds, feel very tired and weak.

BP sat afternoon was 120/74.
Is this too low?
Ms Boots

I am 74 years old and have experienced hot flushes since menopause (at age 54). I experience moderate to high blood pressure and most medications for this make my symptoms worse. I have heart palpitations during these uncomfortable symptoms, experience fatigue and have night sweats which wake me up. I have Sjoegren's Syndrome with Sicca, and Peripehral neuropathy and most other aging symptoms. I don't have dementia, thankfully, but I am curious as to whether hot flushes are impacting on my blood pressure and contributing to my anxieties or could it be caused by my thyroid? My tests show a normal reading for my thyroid. I also had cancer of the uterus, grade 1, and had everything removed nine years ago and have remained cancer free to date. I hope you can help me find a way to improve the situation as I don't have any blocked arteries or heart problems so it is a mystery to me. I am worried about the impact it may eventually have on my heart. Sincerely yours,

Hello.
I'm male.
I'm 45 years old and I got high pressure blood since 17. I am currently taking 5 drugs to control (not at all) my high pressure blood.
In a recent Renal Angiography was discovered that I have my left kidney hypotrophic with important loss of parenchyma in the middle and lower thirds.
Analyses of plasma renin revealed that is high.

This hypotrophic kidney (left) is working by 37% and 63% right according to a renal scintigraphy.
The recommendation of my doctor(nephrology) is to get me out my hypotrophic kidney to control the high pressure blood and avoid having to take so many drugs.

What is your opinion on this?
YYYY@YYYY

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...