What things can raise blood pressure?

What things can raise blood pressure?...Like raise it A LOT!?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
I heard black licorice...certain brands with certain ingredients

Is there any thing you can do to raise low blood pressure? I know someone who looked as if they were having a seizure but turned out to be the body s response to low blood pressure and the fact she needed to lie down. She passed out and eventually came to.

I went for an unpleasant smear test last week and after it my blood pressure reading was 140/90. I was asked to return this week for another blood pressure and this week it was 164/82. The nurse said if the one next week is raised I will have to have further tests. Why would my blood pressure be raised it has always been ok before. Last reading march this year. I am 47 years old, non smoker, 10st in weight, 5 foot 6 height

Hi..what is the normal blood pressure for a 62yr old man please.. My blood pressure is all ways normal but I have had a yearly check up at doctors and it was 156/82..I have just took it with an home machine that I was told to monitor with, and second read, first thing in morn was 145/69. Thank you very much..

Recent questions on  Hypertension

I am 73 years oldman suffering from hypertension since last 20 years. since last three years I am taking single dose of olmezest Beta-25mg in morning and single dose of Olsar-20mg in evening. however I am experiencing acute weakness and indigestion, kindly give suitable guidance

hiya i am 33 weeks pregnant and i just messured my BP it is 156 over 101... i have been in hospital onmonday because my BP was up...they took blood and urine but both came back fine... imreally worried nowbecause the BP is still high.... any advise i should do now? thanks tasha

I am on 3 15mg tabs. of morphine a day, & a 30mg that is er. at bed. I want to taper off of them, but do not have a lg. quantity left. My pain mgmt. dr. lost his license, & it will be I don t know how long before I can get a new one, & I want to make my supply last that I have left.

Hi I have a BP monitor at home . Right now my reading is 130/86. I have a Bicuspic valve. Today I have been put on a low dose of BP medication after my clinic measured my BP at 151/113. This was taken immediately on arrival at the clinic after walking from the car park and a rather stressfull car journey. Am I right to be concerned about the starting medication on this evidence? .. I have recently had my personel BP monitor calybrated ..AGE 50 thank you

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...