Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What test should i do for gynecomastia ?

age-20 height-165 cm weight-75 kg i have hydrocyles-( medical history ) through research from internet i m sure i m suffering from gynacomastia,i m ashamed of male breasts..can u please help me out which doctor and tests should i conduct and prescription(if any) i would ask that doctor for...?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  194
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You need to understand that Gynaecomastia is development of excess breast tissue in males. Better to get examined by a Doctor to rule it out. It can occur due to hormonal disturbance. Since you have mentioned hydrocoele in your history your Doctor needs to rule out testis damage or tumor which can cause decreased testosterone and high incidence of this condition. Also if you drink alcohol, liver can get damaged and cause high Oestrogen in body. What medication are you taking. Some medicines can also cause Gynaecomastia. Kindly get examined by a Doctor and also mention hydrocoele history to him.
Answered: Tue, 12 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Please don't get disheartened by the condition, its of quite a common occurrance. It may or may not be associated with hormonal disturbances. The hydrocoele and the gynaecomastia are both treatable conditions. Please see a general surgeon for your hydrocoele problem and as for the gynaecomastia, we could do the needful for you if you so desire.

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
Answered: Tue, 12 Jul 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor