Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

What supplements should I take to increase weight ?

hi i am 19 yrs old boy i am a thin and tall boy of 6 feet and i want to increase my weight what to do?and in past i have also epilepsy problem i am continuing my medicine since 5 yrs now i am fine from epilepsy
Asked On : Wed, 29 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
you are 19yrs and should take active parts in sports specially outdoor sports
have regular exercises and take balanced healthy diet that should contain high protein
plan to gain weight by develpoing your muscle mass and strong bones and obviously you will gain weight with a good physic
do not be plump be strong and fit
Answered: Fri, 8 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
What is your current weight?
If u r tall and thin, it is much decided by your genetic constitution.
For weight gain you can increase your calories intake.
Take some good fats-omega-3 in dry fruits ,walnut,flax seeds.
Carbohydrates should also be increased but take whole grains like whole wheat preparations.
Include proteins like pulses,meat,eggs,soyabeans.
Take meal 4-5 times instead of 3 times.
ayur.-aswagandharishta 2 tsf twice after meals.
Wish u good health
Answered: Wed, 29 Jun 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor