Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

186 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What steps can I follow to do away with depression and crying when things don't go my way ?

Hi, I am a 22 years old female. These few days i m losing my temper very easily. If i can t find my things, i feel fed up and cries. or when things doesn t go my way, i cry too. It s like.. just a small matter can make me feel so frustrated, angry. Then i will hide in my bathroom and cry. sometimes i feel so pitiful of myself. no one understands how i think and feel. Why am i like that?
Sat, 31 Mar 2012
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Treatment/Therapy ,  
Dentist, Periodontics 's  Response
Hello friend
Thanks for the query
The solution for the problem is in your hands.
Have/develop confidence on yourself.
Dont expect too much from other people,It may be help or sympathy. when things doesnt go according to you ,no matter next time surely it will be according to you.
Why pity for your self? you are a young ,and active girl who can lead a very good life and capable of taking quite good decisions of your life. So never ever under estimate yourself.
Get involved all the time.This is the time to enjoy and smile with your friends and family. so dont cry and make it a habit.,as crying and anger will never be a solution to any problem.Instead sit quite and think cooly.
Spend some time for meditation daily.
Go for fresh air walk this refreshes you and keeps you energetic
always think positive.surely you will be different you within few days.
Take care.

I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Dushad Ram's  Response
Dear Madam

It appears that symptoms you described is emotional or mood symptoms.If you are suffering of persisting pervasive sadness or irritability with loss of interest or pleasure accompanied with weight loss or weight gain, insomnia or more sleep, slowness in activity,fatigue or loss of energy, feelings of worthlessness or guilt, diminished concentrate, ideation of self harm then most likely it is depression.

If symptoms you described is related with menstrual period then it may be a different problem. Many time it may be symptoms of burnout, adjustment problem or due to substance use.
Some tips that may be helpful are- Cultivate supportive relationships(Turn to trusted friends and family members,Try to keep up with social activities even if you don’t feel like it), Challenge negative thinking (Think outside yourself,Allow yourself to be less than perfect,Socialize with positive people,Keep a “negative thought log"), Take care of yourself (Aim for 8 hours of sleep,Expose yourself to a little sunlight every day,Keep stress in check,Practice relaxation techniques),Get regular exercise, Eat a healthy, mood-boosting diet.

If symptoms interfering with your activity then it require active treatment.
Hope you will recover soon.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dr. sayed irfan's  Response
welcome to the health care magic forum,since you are getting frustrated easily and loosing your temper its part of your normal psychological behaviour 0r mood swings and very normal to any girl of your age ,there are no midications to control this but yes voluntarily you can practice to make yourself calm and havedrastic changes in your mood swings,have good nutritious food,daily morning walk and avoid such kind of unpleasant situations till you become wll trained to handle it or control it.

Remember you are not suffering with any kind of illness,its preety normal.

Take care and get well soon
  User's Response
Dr. Alisha,
welcome to health care magic
your suffering from mood swings- happy one moment, sad the next
Do you suddenly cry without reason.
Mood swings involve a fast shifting of emotions that can be caused by a chemical imbalance, or produced by changes in your hormone levels which do happen at your age
Homeopathy has helped many people even out and get over this changeable .
so i suggest you to go near homeopath.


Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am 14 years old and I think I m depressed, when I look at myself I wonder why i even bother because life doesn t feel worth getting up in the morning for and I would rather be dead than carry on. I look at the future and instead of seeing a way out, I just see a load of closed doors. I can t handle my life anymore, the slightest thing makes me want to cry and never get up again, and I feel stressed all the time and speak to people in ways that normally I wouldn t. I kind of distance myself from people because I think they won t understand. I don t feel any motivation anymore to do anything constructive or worthwhile, because it all seems so pointless.

doctor1 MD

Ok I need to come clean with myself and you the person reason reading. I feel like a failure I feel depressed I feel small and unimportant. I have never admitted this but I talk to someone who does not exist. I am so weird I don’t know why I am but I am. I’ve always had a problem with my gender I am a boy but I act like a girl. I do girly things I like girly clothes; I look at girls and think I could pull the look off better than you. But I am a boy. A skinny lonely weird self talking freak that people think is gay I hide behind my new clothes and trainers I think I am cool but deep down I am sad. Ever since my dad died when I really feel depressed or anxious I talk to captain jack who talks to me but never helps I always wonder why his eyes are red why he only turns up when I am down in a deep dark hole someday he is with me everywhere in town, at the pub, at the doctors, sitting on my bed. Usually he always turns up as soon as I feel down everyone I know will talk about my weight I hate being as skinny as I am I hate the fact I look like a little boy but I am 23 yrs old. I have to pretend I am buying clothes for my gf when I’m buying them for me because I am embarrassed to go to the kids sections because I’m so skinny. I don’t like to see family because they always say I’ve lost more weight and people I meet I know they think that I am too skinny but I have tried to put on weigh I can’t. I can’t eat lots it make me feel sick I am crying while writing this because I am so sad to be writing this why cant I be normal why can’t people leave me alone. I am what I am. In a way I might as well lose weight then I can live up to their expectations. I have tried so many times to kill myself, I hang around little train station with trains going fast past so when I jump I will be dead in the open fresh air but jack always gives me a horrid look a look I find disturbing and to tell you the truth out of this world. I am sick of this world I can’t do life anymore I search around suicide forums all night long to read of many stories of people like me that want this to end but cannot do it. I don’t want to die taking pills or cutting my wrist I want to go out on a bang then everyone will notice me but for the right reason. I need help but who do ii turn to? My friends who will be shocked or won’t believe it because they think I am one of them but I am not I don’t even like most of them. How can I tell my mum or my brother my mum will just cry and cry and my brother will probely just say I told u he was gay can’t handle it so wants to quit like a woman. Sometimes I try and stay in on my own but jacks plays with my mind and I have to go out he always wants to talk about bad things in my life bad things vie done bad things I am going to do. I like jack he is always here for me when I am down but is he here for my benefit or will he drag me down into an early grave. I will never know...... I know I need help but I cannot get help. My family will not help my friends will think vie lost the plot and weird and jack will keep staring at me like he is now with them red bloody eyes. I have wondered into them red eyes they look like my blood somehow it sounds very weird but it’s not an evil red it’s a light maroon blood red. The only time I feel normal is when I’m at my dad’s grave. No one is there. It’s so peaceful and quiet. No family no friends no jack. Just me, the wind and my dad seven feet under. I still remember the day they buried him I will never forget it. I don’t think anyone in my life knows about these problems I don’t like to talk about them well I don’t think people think I have these problems I mean I would be crazy to be talking like this. I once wanted a family 2 children a wife a house but instead I can do coke and drink until the cows come home so I can try and forget my sad mental life in 15mins and what type of father will I be? A drunken, woman beating, coke fuelled dickhead. In my religion if I committed suicide it would be shameful on my family I do think of my mum allot and try n stay sane for her. I’m scared that if I go to the doctors they will admitted me to the loony bin and then everyone will think I’m proper weird because I spent time in a mental house. Will I even have friends or family if I do c a doctor? I’ve been crying lots recently it helps me sleep thinking about what a disgrace I am to my family and to my friends. Sometimes like now I am hungry but just won’t eat because I need to be skinny for people to have something to talk about I often see girls looking at me and I wonder what r they thinking? Why are they so fat when I’m so skinny? I would love to be fat like 19 stone so then everyone can talk about something else not that I am skinny but I am fat. How much longer am I going to live like this? I can’t do this anymore, I can’t even look in the mirror to see they weird person that I am. Can I try and do something about this now or leave it until it’s too late. I am always there for people, a really nice person, I listen to their problems I give them advice I give them love I give them hope. I don’t know why I just wrote all this but I hope this helps me somehow someway. I never used to be like this. There is more but how much more hurt and shame can i bring forward. I used to be happy you know. I used play football, go out with my friends and enjoy myself now I just feel dead from inside. I love my mum and even my brother I love Sam Ronnie and Chris my friends But I love the thought of no more

doctor1 MD

This is a long story so please bear with me...Last month at the beginning of April I decided to goto the doctor because I hadnt been in a long time and my fiance urged me to go talk to them on acct of me getting upset over little things and being irritable i talked to this new doctor and he suggested i might have mild anxiety/depression and put me on zoloft which my pharmacy filled with the generic. I had taken zoloft several years ago when i was married previously and had no problem with other than not being able to complete sex and a few hand tremors. Anyways I took it for 5 days and was driving home from the movies with my fiance when I got this feeling that something wasnt right and it felt like my vision got cloudy on the edges then I got this extreme heat running throughout my body then it was followed by numbness and tingling in various parts of my body and then cold...mostly in hands and feet. My hands started shaking uncontrollably and I thought i was having a stroke or a heart attack. We were only a few miles from her house so my fiance drove me there and for the first time in my life i had an ambulance ride to the ER. I was at the ER for approx 8-9 hours and i was given blood tests, cardiac enzyme tests, and ekgs which were all normal. They marked it off as a reaction to the meds and told me to follow up with my doctor. The next day I felt fine and made an appt with my doc which I didnt get to see because he wasnt there but I saw his colleague who told me it sounded like I either had a bad side effect or I was allergic. Anyways I was fine and didnt have anymore episodes. So last thrusday (apr 2 I had another appt with my doctor and he said he wanted me to try wellbutrin xl 150mg so I thought okay ill give it a try. The phramacy filled it with Teva budeprion xl generic (which is another story) and I took it last friday and then last saturday mornings...saturday night I was out with my fiance again and BAM the same feelings hit me again only not as bad and I told her to take me over to medxpress where a PA told me i could be experiencing panic attacks, to go home and take a xanax which my doctor had originally prescribed me because i was having sleeping problems. Anyways i came home and I didnt take the xanax on acct of I didnt know what might happen. I felt that way off and on sunday, then monday and Id had enough tuesday so i called my doc and made an appt for weds morning, but tuesday night I couldnt stand it any longer so I went to the ER again, I drove myself this time...two doctors took blood work and said everything was normal and to come home and drink plenty of fluids to flush meds out so i did. I went back to my doctor wednesday evening and he said no more antidepressants and he was 90% sure it was the meds causing me to feel this way and he was gonna make me an appt with psycare to see if they might help me and to come back and see him in 3 months. So I asked if it was okay if i took a xanax when this happend and he said sure it might help. So I stayed with my fiance weds night and started feeling that way and took one and started to feel better, I woke up thursday morning and felt okay but was kind shaky n week and my hand was trembling slightly so i took another and that feeling went away. After that I felt okay enough to go get my little boy thrusday morning and was doing pretty good until about 330 that afternoon so I took another xanax and felt a bit better. We went to bed around 11 thursday night and we got up about 9 friday morning..i felt fair and tried to fight off those feelings most of the day but had to take another xanax around 300 pm. I felt okay after that and me and my little boy and my fiance and her litte girl all went to the movies and around 9 right before the movie started I was starting to get that shaky feeling and getting anxious, so I took another xanax and was actually able to enjoy the movie. This morning I woke up around 9 and took my little boy home around 11 am and was actually having a pretty good day and was actually getting to think about other things besides dwelling on feeling this way. But around 4pm it hit me again although its not been really bad, I had fought it off most of the day but I did take a xanax and other than a cold sensation that was in my forearm and right shoulder for a bit I do feel better although my legs are trotting a mile a minute. I had that same cold sensation the other night too. Anyways another thing is that ive not felt like eating much, not really nausea but more like I only eat when my stomach growls and then I dont really want much. Is this part of the xanax. Am I having panic attacks? Ive had 3 different blood tests and ekgs and everything is normal, I check my blood sugar at home and its normal, i take my BP and its normal cept for the top number is a little high, the rest and my pulse are all normal. It seems as the week has went on the symptoms get less. when i feel an attack coming on, I just feel kinda shaky n slightly weak, sometimes my right hand will shake and it feels as if my teeth want to chatter but they dont, if that makes sense. Please guys if you got any insight let me know!

Recent questions on  Relaxation techniques

doctor1 MD

I'm having recurring sharp pains in my head. Seems to be behind right eye and radiates to top of head. Pain is fleeting, but head feels strange after. Should I be concerned. First pain hit at around 3:30 this afternoon. Have had four in the past...

doctor1 MD

I had a cycle scan of my abdomen and pelvis without oral contrast , but both before and after the uneventful administration of intravenous contrast utilizing a split bolus technique in the nephrogenic and excetory phase of contrast enhancement. ...

doctor1 MD

My scalp has been sensitive to the touch for 2 months. No rash , sores or headaches . Had 35 ECT sessions a few years ago. Could sensitive scalp be related to any brain problem? XXXXXXX

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing worse sinus allergy symptoms than usual for past 2 days. Unable to sleep last night due to feelings of intense anxiety (unusual for me). Shortness of breath all day today with very sharp pain under left shoulder blade, not relieved by change of position or by relaxation exercises. It hurts very much to take a breath so I keep having to yawn as chest is tight (hurts a lot to yawn!). My job is physically active but walking is tiring today.

doctor1 MD

have sevre anxiety, i cannot drive a car, i am on disability due to my emotional irreluulations and mild agoraphobia, my anxiety has recently started taking control of my body to the point where i have to lay on the ground and wait for all my muscles to sieze spasms, ive had 2 heartattack at the age of 18. and i feel like these are all sympotms of a bigger problem, i need help before its to late.

doctor1 MD

I'm a 54 year old female who has been under a lot of stress. Recently I have been noticing weird things. I start reading articles in the middle or the end. Last night while reading a book I started reading sentences backwards. What could this possible be a sign of?

doctor1 MD

I have a son in his forties who has always had a "short fuse". He can go from OK to suddenly swearing, acting irrational and spiteful. He has tried drugs for depression over the years - to no avail. We are desperate as it is tearing his family apart. Please help