Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

What std have I not been treated for already ?

For the last 6 months, I have been experincing a very mild stinging/buringing sensation right up near the entrance of my vajay, inside my inner most fold. It doesnt itch. It looks sorta red/irritated. Ive seen 2 dr about this. Ive been tested for the following by each: Yeast BV Tric GC Chlaymdia All negative. However, I was also tested for HSV (swab of irritated area) and tested positive. Since I tested positive, my dr thinks it could be a form of an outbreak. I have no open sores, but assuming the irritation is an outbreak. 6 months is a long time for an outbreak, but she said its possible if it does not get treated. Ive been taking acyclovir for a week now, it hasnt helped one bit. This is the second anti viral ive taken since this started and Im starting to think HSV isnt the cause. All perscriptions Ive tried (before and after HSV and other tests) are : Clobetasol Propionate(topical steriod cream) Acyclovir (anti viral) Flagyl (antibiotic) Keflex (anti biotic) but for another reason Valtrex (anti viral, had shingles 2 months ago) (Valtrex cleared up my shingles, but not my irritation) I truly believe that whatever this is, its transmitted through sexual contact. Symptoms started after I switched partners. I know that I have not been tested for all stds, but which could it be? From all the meds Ive taked, what is left? If it were any sort of virus/bacteria the meds Ive taken should have cleared it up. Ive also considered other causes of irritation such as soaps, detergents, etc but ive not changed detergents or anything, no harsh soap, no scented pads or scented anything, and I only wear cotton underwear. Im at the end of the line on this. My dr says the last straw is to biopsy the irritated area, which im already scheduled to do this week. With all the meds Ive taken, what else could this be? Think sexually transmitted, but what std have i not been treated for already ?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Mar 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  480
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

I guess you just have HSV which is not responding to treatment..A culture sensitivity test will help to tell which antibiocyic or antifungal or antiviral the causative organism is sensitive to and will be cured. Wait for the biopsy and the results to come..Discuss the possibility of doing a culture sensitivity test.

Answered: Mon, 5 Apr 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor